Since GeneXus Tilo Beta 2 some GAM functionalities are supported for Smart Devices Offline Applications.
The GeneXus Access Manager login must be done online, offline login is not supported.
After a successful login, the user can go on working offline, navigating through the panels which require Authentication, because the session stays valid until the user logs out.
During the offline execution specific data of the user can be obtained.
Since GeneXus Tilo Beta 2 the following static methods of GAMUser object are supported:
- GetId, e.g: &GAMGUID = GAMUser.GetId()
- GetEmail, e.g: &email = GAMUser.GetEmail()
- GetExternalId, e.g: &externalId = GAMUser.GetExternalId()
- GetLogin, e.g: &login = GAMUser.GetLogin()
- GetName, e.g: &name= GAMUser.GetName()
- isAnonymous, e.g: &isAnonymous = GAMUser.isAnonymous()
Synchronization and Security considerations
By default, if the Knowledge Base has already GAM installed, the synchronization programs given by GeneXus have an Authentication integrated security type, which means that only authenticated users on the application can run the synchronization programs correctly. If for any reason you have to change this security settings, you can do it by changing the Integrated Security Level property of the Offline Database Object and the OfflineEventReplicator procedure.
Not supported in GeneXus X Evolution 3:
- Authorization: Authorization is not supported in offline mode.
- Non static methods of GAMUser object, e.g GAMUser.get(), or &GAMUser.GUID
- Other GAM external objects, like GAMSession object.