This article is an overview of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 3 features (compared to GeneXus 15 Upgrade 2) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
- Object's parts defined by Extensions, User Controls or Patterns are now marked as optional (automatically). This means that these parts will be only sent to GeneXus Server when it's strictly necessary. Refer to SAC 40880 for further information.
- &AttAutonumber = AttAutonumber after a New or Insert returns the value of the inserted PK. SAC 40860.
- When using Push Notifications, the field named DeviceToken has to be changed to C(1024). More Information at HowTo: Using Devices Registration Service for Push Notifications and SAC 40890.
- Send Device Information on Requests has been renamed to Include Network Id in Client Information, and a special permission is required the first time the application launches on a device. More Information at ClientInformation external object.
- Recommendation for emulation: Delete the AVD based on System Image "Intel x86" so that GeneXus creates a new one based on "Google APIs Intel x86". More Information at Android Requirements
Before releasing, previews were available at the Preview channel: GeneXus 15 Upgrade 3 Preview