This experience is based on a much better way to draw every web control (inputs, validations, etc.) using the power of Semantic Domains, introduced in HTML5.
To use this feature, you have to choose “HTML 5” at the HTML Document Type property Environment Property, when it’s selected, every web form will be generated applying this standard.
According to this, every input of data in HTML 5, must now be assigned to this Semantic Domains, in order to take advantage of this new feature, so, when an Att/&var is inserted in a web form, this element will have on its HTML definition a reference to this new Domains, so new validations, visuals, etc. are added to this fields.
New HTML Domains referenced now in GeneXus Inputs:
- number: Will be used for Numeric att/var.
- email: Will be used for Character att/var, that its GeneXus domain is Email.
- url: Will be used for Character att/var, that its GeneXus domain is URL.
- tel: Will be used for Character att/var, that its GeneXus domain is Phone.
- date: Will be used for Date att/var.
- datetime / datetime-local: Will be used for DateTime att/var, now HTML5 also has its own DatePicker, GeneXus Developers will be able to choose which of them want to use.
- search: Will be used for Character att/var, that its GeneXus domain is Search.
- color: Will be used for Character att/var, that its GeneXus domain is Color.
Each of this new domains will provide new ways of validations (an example would be if an Email has a wrong format, the field displays an error msg) and visuals (when a Date att/var gets focus, when accessed from an Smart Device, a Native DatePicker from the OS will appear to change the date on screen), resulting on better, more efficient High End applications.
Also there is no need to worry about older browsers, as HTML 5 shares definitions with older HTML 4.01 and before, so if your browser isn’t HTML 5 Ready yet, your applications will work like generated with HTML 4.01.
As far as the development of GeneXus X Evolution 2 continues, all these (and others still in development process) will be added. In Beta 3 Night Builds are only available email, url, tel, search and color HTML domains.