Rounds to even the value of a given numeric expression.
RoundToEven(nExp1 , nCte)
Must be a Numeric Expression.
Must be a Numeric Constant
This function is different from round. The return value is the number closest to the value of expression, with the appropriate number of decimal places. If expression is exactly halfway between two possible rounded values, the function returns the possible rounded value whose rightmost digit is an even number. (In a round function, also known as round to larger, a number that is halfway between two possible rounded values is always rounded to the larger number.)
If nCte is a negative number, the Round function apply to the integer part of the number.
Round to even is a statistically more accurate rounding algorithm than round.
The round to even is use to a better distribution of the global results in some calculations.
- ROUNDTOEVEN(1.5, 0) = 2 (Round(1.5, 0) = 2)
- ROUNDTOEVEN(2.5, 0) = 2 (Round(2.5, 0) = 3)
- ROUNDTOEVEN(2.51, 0) = 3 (Round(2.51, 0) = 3)
- ROUNDTOEVEN(1.25, 1) = 1.2 (Round(1.25, 1) = 1.3)
- ROUNDTOEVEN(1.24, 1) = 1.2 (Round(1.24, 1) = 1.2)
- ROUNDTOEVEN(125.11, -1) = 120 (Round(125.11, -1) = 130)
- ROUNDTOEVEN(135.11, -1) = 140 (Round(135.11, -1) = 140)
&sum = 145
&count = 10
&avg = ROUNDTOEVEN( &sum / &count , 0)
Result: &avg = 14 (Round( &sum / &count , 0) = 15)
Languages: Java, .NET, .NET Mobile, Visual Basic
Objects: Procedures, Reports, Transactions, Web Panels, Work Panels
Interfaces: Win, Web