It is common for corporate applications to imply security requirements for storing, transporting and exchanging information. To meet such requirements, a data type for encrypting texts and signing documents becomes necessary.
Cryptography data types enable us to:
- Digitally sign text.
- Validate a digital signature.
- Encrypt /de-encrypt a given text.
- Calculate the hash for a given text.
When applied together, these methods ensure authentication, integrity, confidentiality, and non-repudiation of messages.
Scenarios for use
- In general, passwords should not be stored in plain text. Instead, the result of a hash applied on a password is what we store.
- Hash and digital signature functions are used in the case of electronic invoices.
Implementation of Cryptography data types#
The following data types: CryptoHash, CryptoSign, CryptoSymmetricEncrypt, CryptoAsymmetricEncrypt, CryptoCertificate, and CryptoSignXML, are the ones available to solve the cryptography needs of GeneXus applications.
We have enumerated domains, such as CryptoHashAlgorithm, CryptoSignAlgorithm, and CryptoEncryptAlgorithm, which contain the cryptography algorithms supported.
In this page there are details of the methods about each data type, including examples for use.