This is an old document that shows the roadmap plan of GXtest for year 2018.
1st Est. major Release date: 19 Mar 2018 -- Released
Purpose: To provide the ability to make Unit Tests
Description: Inside GeneXus IDE, developers will have the ability to create, run, and test their own procedures in a fast way, by writing unit tests using GeneXus language.
- Basic Unit Test auto-generation (from GX Procedure) -- Done
- Modify & Debug Tests -- Done
- Run Tests (manually or automatically after build process) -- Done
- See test Results, Assertions results and time elapsed -- Done
2nd Est. major Release date: 21 May 2018 -- Released
Purpose: To provide CI/CD features and provide advanced features to make better Unit Tests
Description: Developers will have the ability to mock database queries. Devops can integrate tests in a CI / CD scheme.
- DB Mocking -- partialy (.net support, java pending)
- Testing DataProviders and Business Transactions.-- Done
- CI / CD integration features such as Junit report output and running test unattended -- Done
- Testing trends reports -- Done
3rd Est. major Release date: 30 Jul 2018 -- Released
Purpose: To provide basic UI Web Automation
Description: Developers / Test Automators will have the ability to write UI Test inside procedures w/ External Objects, running Selenium-based on browsers.
- Test Automation Support for Web Applications -- Done
- Create and Run tests on popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, and Safari) -- Done
- CI/ CD integration features such as running test unattended -- Done
4th Est. major Release date: 24 Set 2018 -- Released
Purpose: To provide the ability to record tests easily and run them at scale
Description: Any user (dev, tester or customer) will have the ability to record Web UI Tests using Google Chrome Extension, debug tests and run them on different browsers.
- Test Case recording -- Done (and/or test case auto-generation, depending on customer needs in the following months)
- Run test using docker-browsers -- pending
- Run test on 3rdy-party clouds. -- Done
5th Est. major Release date: 17 Dec 2018 (from original 10-Dec) -- Released
Purpose: To provide the ability to run Unit and UI automated tests with the best approach
Description: All previous pending features + customers and community feedback
- .Net Core generator support. -- Done
- Localization support for other languages. -- Done