This page contains changes made to GeneXus Rocha after RC#
Download RC2: http://www2.gxtechnical.com/portal/hgxpp001.aspx?15,8,77,O,,0,,2696
RC2 (Build 12909)#
Given an internal reorganization, kbs opened with this version cannot be opened with previous ones.
This version requires FULL version licences, that means that you have to ask for new licences. License activation process is the same, as with previous versions of GeneXus.You can get licenses via web, automatically, as usual. Free FULL Licenses (available only for you: Beta Testers) will expire on June 2. In the meantime you have to acquire permanent ones from your local distributor or Artech directly.
Features and improvements
- You can compare different versions of an object and versions of different objects too. Part by part comparison.
- New View/Work with objects dialog.
- New Versions Tool Window.
- New Freezed versions, that are readonly versions.
- Knowledge Manager/ View last Import option
- Import Translations from external tools
- Conversion improvements regarding procedures used like functions when Functions property is set to 'Allow non std. functions'
- Build process optimized when images and themes change
- Ctrl+F support in outliner and Webform editor and structure editors
- Insert Events (Ctrl+Shift+E) & Insert Functions (Ctrl+Shift+F)
- New property: "Apply Pattern Before Build" with values True / False.
- Search engine affinity: the values of the grid are hidden, but not encrypted and so visible to search engines.
- Expression datatype : supports strings
fixes to Environments, versions, etc.
fix Output window: Autoscroll of
fixes to Help dialog of variables
Reverse Engineering didn't work with Access
Messages were exported twice in some cases
temporary files are deleted when GeneXus closes.
usability fixes in layouts editor of procedures
after dropping an index, a new one with the same name couldn't be created
background image of tables wasn't distributed
Fixes regarding Versions
- - Fixed problems when creating branches and freezing versions.
- - Special Freeze for backup model. It has only 1 model. no KBEnvironment/model associated.
- Can't SetActive nor Make a branch from a Backup model.
- The only Backup version has the current KBVersion as parent. (used in import)
- - When freezing a model with pending impact. ask the user which one to freeze.
- - Fix message when reverting to name the correct version or currentVersion.
Conversion / Import
- Level clause wasn't supported
- "'WRN: Update business component class name from 'PageVersion' to 'TPageVersion'" fixed.
- some import errors with circular references between objects.
- Datawarehousing transactions import fixes.
- Control Name of grid Columns wasn't converted well
- Control Name of SDTs wasn't truncated to 30 like in GX 9.
- memory usage fixes
- XPZ with many xmls didn't import well
- deprecated Rules 'Rule' and 'Define' are converted (variables are defined instead, etc)
- Access violation creating prompts
- access violation after deleting generators or data stores.
- SDTs were being generated (and compiled) even if it wasn't necessary
- fixes to SDT serialization
- domain.convert() didn't compile
- Big Data Providers didn't specify well
- If procedure has defined Call Protocol HTTP, it can be called by window data type
- models with strong name didn't compile in .NET
- readonly combo boxes were not displayed as span like in gx 9.0 (compatibility fix)
- suggest in freestyle Grid didn't work
- 3 level nested freestyle grids didn't work well
- An invalid datetime format error happened with AMPM format when language was different than English
- errors related to window possitioning and windows data type
- decimal separator in editable fields in grids wasn't correct
- edit boxes size wasn't correct in freestyle grids
- serial didn't work on Business Components
- SELECT was generated wrong in some transactions with formulas and many subtype groups
- 404 in status bar related to ajax and encrypt url parameters.
- image.width didn't work in grids freestyle
- linktargeth didn't work
- check box values were wrong in runtime.
- expression.Eval method catches the Divided by Zero exception.
- Autorefresh of grids didn't work with conditions that depend on attributes which aren't on the form
- Autorefresh of grids didn't work with conditions on empty date fields.
- google maps user control fix. (dynamic references fix)
- 'true' instead of 'New Row' in transaction with 3 levels.
- Caption of groups can now be set in runtime
- Empty Items of combos didn't were displayed with Translation.
- blobs (other than images) didn't work well.
- dynamic combo box that depends on another combo, showed the Empty Item in update.
- links to help fixed
April 18 (Build 12373)#
Features and improvements
April 10, Build 12100#
Note: Due to a performance related improvement, KBs opened with this night build can not be opened again with RC or previous versions. Please Backup your KB before opening it with this build
More important Features and improvements
- Features that impact in Application User Experience
- DblClick event support has been added! (try it editing a page at www.gxwiki.com )
- Call Stack in Web!: If A calls B and B calls C and then you close C, you are on B. As from this version, if you close B, you get A. (In previous versions, you got C and kept in loop B - C - B) . This feature may also help you to convert from win to web...
- New Backcolorstyle property for freestyle grids.
- GeneXus IDE:
- KB Path appears in status bar
- Tools/Generate Help changed to Tools/Application Help, dialogs changed for more usability
- Memory usage improvement and some performance improvements in save and build process
- Search engine has been extended! Now you can search also in Google, Yahoo, Windows Live and GXSearch !!
- KB Creation Dialog provides the possibility to set the 'KB Language'
- Multiuser features:
- lock is already being released after ‘copymodel’ (lock isn't kept until generation finishes)
- as from this version locks are relative to a Branch
- GeneXus Language syntax improvements
- UDP support added in expressions! Example: "IF procedure(parm1,parm2) > 2". With this you define less variables, getting better productivity
- Data provider syntax enhancement in order to load recursive SDTs easier.
- conversion process: the variables which are named with a point, are renamed to an underscore (e.g: variables called var.1 are renamed to var_1)
- Generation: performance improvement generating transactions. (generation of transactions with many foreign keys could fail with 'not enough global stack')
- Java Generator: "Servlet directory" and "Static content directory seen from client" properties are now set per user. (Each user can have a different path set, therefore you have more flexibility sharing KBs )
- Java and .NET Generators: Execution options are now set per user (like in GX 9.0 and previous versions).
GeneXus Rocha RC has been released on April 1.
To see the log of changes done between Beta 2 and RC, go to this page