Use this process to authorize GeneXus upgrade licenses, that is to say, when you have a previous version(s) of GeneXus installed on your computer.
If you have a previous version/s of GeneXus activated with GXprotection (GeneXus 9.0, 8.0, 7.5, 7.0 or 6.1 Patch 5) or Crypkey Protection (GeneXus 6.1 Patch 4 or older), you have to uninstall these licenses before installing the new ones.
To authorize upgrade licenses of GeneXus, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall from your PC the GeneXus license(s) that you want to upgrade. To do so, follow the instructions provided in Section 6. Uninstalling a GeneXus License.
2. Install the new licenses. To do so, follow the instructions provided in Section 4. Authorizing a GeneXus License for the First Time.
3. To use GeneXus X along with a previous version of GeneXus (GeneXus 6.1 Patch 5 and above), follow these version-specific instructions:
- GeneXus 9.0: Install the GeneXus Development Environment 9.0 Upgrade 4 or later
- GeneXus 8.0: Install the GeneXus Development Environment 8.0 Upgrade 7 or later
- GeneXus 7.5: Install the GeneXus Development Environment 7.5 Upgrade 5 or later
- GeneXus 7.0 and 6.1: Download the following file and copy the protrun.dll to the GeneXus installation directory: http://www2.gxtechnical.com/portal/hgxpp001.aspx?15,8,8,O,E,0,,1114
You can now use both versions on the same machine!
Note: GXprotection is not compatible with the Crypkey protection system (used up to version 6.1 Patch 4). For this reason, it is not possible to transfer or share keys between those versions.