This scenario is appropriate for the process modeler to be used by users who during the analysis stage study the organization’s processes with the purpose of modeling them. Then, in the development stage, it is possible to start on these diagrams and associate to them the objects necessary for implementing the process.
This is the case where the system is producing and adjustments are to be made to the business rules that were expressed on the diagrams that model the business processes.
The GeneXus Business Process Modeler provides all the edition functionalities of the process modeler included in the standard version of GeneXus.
The main functionalities are:
- Editing the flow that defines the process. This enables us to add to the diagram any type of element of the BPMN notation, apart from the possibility of connecting elements.
- Editing the properties of elements in a diagram.
- The possibility of associating the GeneXus object that will solve the operation of the task executed (transaction, web panel or procedure).
- Editing process rules (such as subject rules, rules for the definition of period for a timer event, conditional rules, etc.)
- Editing procedures associated with conditions.
- Creating new processes. The only creation allowed would be that of new diagrams of business processes, but not of any GeneXus object.
This scenario only allows us to edit diagrams of processes. For the rest of GeneXus objects that we could associate with the diagrams, we will only be able to view some of their parts, such as structure of transactions, parm rule and documentation, but without the possibility of editing them.
Note: If GeneXus Access Manager (GAM) is used, the roles won't be synchronized. This is a temporal restriction. See SAC 34497 for further information.