Shares a text. Optionally, an URL and a title can be added (otherwise, leave them empty).
It allows sharing an Image. Optionally, a text, an URL and a title can be attached to it.
It does not have any
In LightCRM, suppose we want users to share information about the meeting.
To do this, we add a “Share” button to the Application Bar of the Work with Meeting object.
Next, we program the Event associated with this button.
If not CompanyLogo.IsEmpty()
msg("Sharing meeting with image",status)
The application will look as shown below. Clicking on the button displays a pop-up dialog that shows the applications installed on our device for sharing content. Lastly, you must to select one of these applications and share it!
- Not all parameters specified in the methods will be shown in all applications when you share content, except for those that are required or accepted by the applications.
- The URL parameter should be complete, following the format <scheme>://<domain>[<port>]/<path>. Otherwise, the URL is considered relative to the Service URL of the application.
Not all third-party application accepts any kind of content.
- Facebook always is exposed as a "share-with" application but does not allow to share plain text, it only allows you sharing images and URLs, but not both at the same time.
- WhatsApp allows you to share images only if text, title, and URL are empty; otherwise, the image will not be sent.
- Twitter ignores title parameters.
- GMail takes the title as the subject of the email and text as its content.
These limitations depend on every external application.
||Smart Devices (iOS, Android)
This external object is available as of GeneXus 15.