This Structured Data Type is automatically provided by GeneXus when a new Knowledge Base is created. It contains a collection of messages, each of them with an identifier, a type, and a description. This collection is meant to allow access to the messages issued during the execution.
A message identifier.
An error type.
A description for the message.
- As a best-practice, you can use this SDT for triggering and handling errors, even for debugging.
- For the GeneXus standard messages, the "Id" is ever in English, no matter the model configured language.
- Procedures with a &Messages out parm rule called from Smart Device object will behave automatically as follows:
- If the &Messages have an item with Type filed of MessageType.Error, it will display a msg() (or alert).
- If the &Messages have an item with Type field of Message.Warning or Message.Info, it will display a msg(,nowait) (or toast message).
Enumerated domain with the following values:
||An error message.
||A warning message.
||An informational message.
||A debug message.
This Structured Data Type is available as of GeneXus X Evolution 1.