Specifies whether stored multimedia resources are Public or Private; that is, if they can be accessed publicly (by everyone) or privately.
If Private, a Signed URL will be automatically generated.
|Public Read ||Multimedia files can be accessed by a public URL. Anyone with the link can access them. |
|Private ||Multimedia files can only be accessed using a signed URL that expires after some time. |
Generators: Java, .NET, .NET Core
The Privacy property enables you to specify whether multimedia files can be accessed through a public or a restricted link.
GeneXus will save resources into the Storage provider with the following security configuration:
- Image: Privacy Value*
- Audio: Privacy Value*
- Video: Privacy Value*
- BlobFile: Privacy Value*
- Blob: Always private
- Temporary files:
- Web Uploads: Always private
- SmartDevice Upload: Always private
- File Upload Control: Always private
Thus, the Privacy property enables the Developer to specify the security configuration for certain resources, such as Multimedia files.
Privacy can be:
- All multimedia resources can be accessed by anyone with the link.
- All multimedia resources can only be accessed with a signed URL link. These links expire after the time set in the Expiration Property has elapsed.
This property applies only at design-time.
To apply the corresponding changes when the property value is configured, execute a Build All.
This property is available since GeneXus 17 Upgrade 5.