Ruby generated applications run on any of the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows (XP, Win 2003, Vista, Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium)
- Mac OS X
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE, centOS..)
In order to generate with GeneXus Ruby, the following sofware is needed (in the development pc and in the production server as well):
- Ruby 1.9.1 is required
- Ruby gems are required
- A webserver (Webrick for prototyping- which is included in the Ruby interpreter setup-, or any other webserver which supports Rack)
When prototyping, Webrick web server can be used. It´s a very light webserver which does not require any additional configuration to be used. After having run install.bat located in folder gxruby/win under Genexus installation folder, Webrick will be installed and ready to use. WEBrick webserver is included in the Ruby libraries.
- Ruby 1.9.3 is required
- Ruby gems are required. Recommended 1.8.19 or upper
- A webserver (Thin for prototyping- which is included in the Ruby interpreter setup-, or any other webserver which supports Rack).
Ruby interpreter, the required gems, and Thin server is distributed by GX and is copied under the <GX>\gxruby directory. See SAC #30394 for details.
All this software is installed by the setup on windows platforms.
Under Unix platforms, there are some steps to follow in order to setup the environment to run Ruby applications (see: Linux setup for running Ruby applications)
GeneXus X Evolution 1 (or upper) is required.
- MySQL Server 5.0 or higher: Download MySQL Server
In production any Rack web server can be used, one example is the following using Apache mod_rack: How to deploy a Ruby application: Linux setup for running Ruby applications