Beta 2 adds to Beta 1 a GeneXus Server with more features and stability making Team Development easy, a better performance and user experience to your Enterprise Level Applications and also a greater Developer Experience.
(If you didn't use any previous beta or alfa of Evolution 1, please refer to GeneXus X Evolution 1.)
Main Features and improvements since Beta 1:
- stability to the internal merge and date handling algorithms and other improvements to the underlaying arquitecture of GeneXus Server
- New Dialogs in GeneXus IDE to be better integrated with server's changes and to easier update and be updated
Enterprise Level Applications
- New standard web controls: GXGoogle Visualization Library
- Pivot in web with a super-enhanced multiplatform Query Viewer.
- jscript performance and http traffic optimizations
- performance optimization in data access layer: for eachs with WHEN clause are also generated as prepared SELECTs
- CHM help generation support added
- Ruby incorporated the Rack interface enabling to be deployed on more servers. Run install.bat (under <GeneXus Home>\gxruby\win folder) before generating Ruby. This script installs all the necessary gems required under c:\ruby folder.
- New web control to integrate flow components (inbox, outbox, my processes, etc) in applications
- Automatic definition of Variables
- optimizations in build process showing results sooner and building faster
- compilations times in java dramatically improved
- debugging fixes and improvements
- new maximums / limits allow bigger KBs
- history of objects is easier to read, revisions can be compared better
- Build your own Inbox based on the sample Inbox that shows how to use the Workflow Api
- NGenMod: you can have multiple generators per environment. RPG or COBOL can reorganize and another can be the default one
- many KB conversion issues fixed
A detailed list of news and fixes since Beta 1 can also be found un the Night Builds log
For a quick start: