: Since GeneXus 16, it is strongly recommended to create a User Control object
instead of creating a Web User Control. However, what it is explained in this Table of Content is still valid.
Web User Controls like the following can be included in GeneXus applications:
After a User Control is installed in GeneXus, it should be used as any other standard control. This means that:
- You will have User Controls available in the Toolbox.
- You will manipulate User Controls like any other standard control at design time.
- Some controls may be bound to variables or attributes. They may also be used in the attribute control information.
- Programming with User Controls is the same as programming with standard controls:
- Setting Properties: control.PropertyName = value
- Handling Server Events:
- So, when somebody develops a user control, GeneXus is extended!
To start working with User Controls, you can try with any of the User Controls which are available by default in the GeneXus toolbar, or download a new one from the GeneXus marketplace
The User controls catalog is useful documentation to start with, as it shows some of the User Controls available and how to use each of them.
To see more User Controls and share and discuss or ask experts about User Controls, check the User Controls forum.