This article is an overview of what Upgrade 5 features (compared to Upgrade 4) and what needs to be taken into account in order to adopt it.
GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade 5 adds a lot of freatures related to each of the relevevant code generators and the whole Suite. It's an important update for all who want to integrate with GXquery 4.0 and be ready for GeneXus X Evolution 3 since you now can connect to GAM 3.0.6 schemas (required by Evolution 3).
- Stops supporting iOS 4.3
- Support for 64 bits architecture (arm64) added
- Improvements in Conflicts and conflict resolution, now when there is a conflict the object will remain in the Pending Commits list until it is resolved ('Mark as Resolved') either by a manual merge, no change (mantain server-side changes) or restore to the revision containing the locally made changes. Also new comparations are available by right clicking the object from the Pending Commit list.
- Improvements in GeneXus Server when merging changes in Events (SAC 35455).
Added error messages on Team Development Preview Update, when there are no changes pending for update(SAC 35509)
Translations, for languages Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese added to GeneXus Server Console.
New functionalities for session management: See Methods for handling sessions in GAM.
External authentication can impersonate local authentication using GAM, so as users can authenticate using any external method but they are stored in database as the same local user : GAM Impersonation.
New functionalities for GXflow - GAM Integration has been added. GAM to GXflow forced synchronization is now available.
- Filter added, in the Collaborate option, when selecting an User (SAC 35553).
- Logging added for Workflow tables impact and reorganizations (SAC 35568)
- In java, reports are not generated dynamic by default any more, because Customizable Layout property is introduced, and its default value is NO. In order to generate dynamic reports you need to set that property to Yes at generator level.
- Possible breaking change in Patterns or Extensions due to SAC 35561 Memory fragmentation improvements related to images and files.
- Since Upgrade 5 introduces some new properties, GXserver Upgrade 5 has to be used. See Compatibility between GeneXus and GeneXus Server versions for more details.
- Java Generator: Default value of XMLReader.ReadExternalEntities method changes due to security reasons SAC 35388.
- SD Chart value of Control Type property of variables or attributes is not supported anymore. The recommended usage is asexplained in HowTo: Using Charts Control
- Internet Explorer compatibility mode property is not available any more for Ruby environments.
Please check here for more details the release notes of each product, tool or component.
Before releasing, some previews were available, see GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade 5 Preview for details.