This is a sample application (Web and Smart Devices) that offers information to residents and provides them with services related to the administrative formalities that can be carried out in the city they live.
The solution is implemented using a chatbot, see HowTo: Build a chatbot using GeneXus to understand the rationale followed to build this example.
The intents are the following:
- Make a request or complaint about any issue happening on the street. It can be a fallen tree, a missing traffic sign, etc.
- Get information about something.
It can be about social or cultural events of the city, or to know about the requirements for an administrative formality. Given some information that the user will provide, the system guides the user to find out the answer to his questions.
- Set up an appointment for an administrative formality.
That is, set a date for carrying out an administrative formality at a municipal office.
Due to some changes in the API, the minimum required version for running this KB is GeneXus 16 upgrade 4.
The Kb has a Getting Started sample (Citizen instance), and advanced samples for Web (CitizenAdv) and for SD (CitizenSDAdv).
You can start going through the basic example.
Some steps need to be followed also to get the sample ready to run.
- Check that you have the Chatbot module. Go through the menu Knowledge Manager -> Manage Module References, and checked that it's installed (updated).
How to install the module manually? After executing GeneXus, go through Knowledge Manager -> Manage Module References -> Right-click on the server section -> Upload from file -> Select the ChatbotGenerator opc -> Install.
- Do a checkout of the KB.
- Configure the chatbot provider's credentials. See Configuring GeneXus for using the Chatbot Generator
- Do a rebuild-all.
- Initialize the local data and the entity values in the AI provider. For the Getting Started sample, execute InitEntityValues web panel and click the confirm button. Otherwise execute the InitEntityValuesComplete web panel and click confirm. See HowTo : Initialize entity values in the AI provider for more information.
The following link may help you if you don't know the steps to test a feature or built the application to see it in action: HowTo: Take advantage of a KB referenced in this wiki