To create a Progressive Web Application using GeneXus follow these steps:
- Create your web application as always (Use Web Panels and other Web Objects).
- Edit the main Web Panel of your application and set the Web Application property to Progressive.
- After that, related properties appear and need to be set. Set those to define the look and feel and the behavior of the PWA.
- Build the Main Web Panel and that's it!
: GeneXus will generate automatically:
- A manifest file for your PWA.
- A service worker which is in charge of the reliability of the application..
- Recommended: Verify with LightHouse that you've got a PWA.
Here is a sample XPZ with a PWA: PWA Sample Crowdfundme
A (temporary available) URL has been set up to try it live: https://apps5.genexus.com/Id3aceaed5150b08c022cc4741d33219e0/homefront.aspx