This step is accessible only by the project owner.
To import Language object(s) that was exported from a Knowledge Base, do the following:
- Upload the file with the Language object(s) content: Click on the Projects option from the main menu > click on the Project name > Imports tab > Insert option.
You must provide the following information:
- Import Name: Name that identifies the import. For example: mykbname_version1
- Blob: Upload the file you exported from the Knowledge Base.
- Format: Format of the file you are uploading.
Select GeneXus Translations (XML) or GeneXus Translations (XLIFF).
The GeneXus IDE (XML) format is used only by GeneXus to automate translations of the GeneXus IDE
- Import the literals: To make available to translate each literal content in the file you uploaded, click on the Projects option from the main menu > click on the Project name > Imports tab.
The grid shows all uploads made for this project. Click on the Import option for the Import you defined in step 1 > click the Import button.
Every literal contained in the file is available to translate and approve.
The first time a Language object is imported into a project, if the project does not have a culture defined, its culture will be assigned by the tool.
If the blob file is XML format, English is assigned as the project culture.
If the blob file is XLIFF format, the default KB Language is a data present in the file and is assigned as the project culture.
Only the project owner can modify this data by clicking on the Projects option from the main menu > for the corresponding project, click on Update option.