These are the necessary software requirements to be able to work with continuous integration pipelines from GeneXus and GeneXus Server:
The machines where GeneXus Server and Jenkins are located must have HTTP and HTTPS connectivity between them. It is highly recommended that they be separate machines.
It is necessary install and configure Jenkins to work with CI pipelines and catalog credentials in Jenkins to integrate to GeneXus Server.
Finally, the integration with Jenkins must be configured in GeneXus Server. To do this, in the GeneXus Server Console, click on the “Continuous Integration” option that appears in the menu on the left. When you do this, two tabs will appear on the right: “Pipelines” and “Providers.” Click on "Providers," and complete the following:
- URL: Jenkins URL (must be accessible from the GXserver installation)
- User Name: Jenkins username with which the token was created in the previous step (e.g. admin)
- User Token: token generated in Jenkins for that user (ex: 11d8ba61ed02b39605355dcaeb2bbe77ea)
- GXserver URL: URL of this GeneXus Server, which is accessible from the Jenkins machine.
- GXserver Identifier: Name with which this GXserver will be identified (among others that could also communicate with Jenkins itself). A folder will be created in Jenkins with this identifier, to create the KBs within it.
- GXserver Credentials: Aliases of the credentials that Jenkins will use when communicating with GXserver, which was cataloged in the section "Catalog access credentials to GeneXus Server" of How to configure credentials to work with CI pipelines.
- GeneXus: Name given to a GeneXus installation as it was cataloged in Jenkins in Step 5 of How to install and configure Jenkins to work with CI pipelines.
- MSBuild: Name given to an MSBuild installation as cataloged in Jenkins in Step 5 of How to install and configure Jenkins to work with CI pipelines.
- SQL Server: Instance of SQL Server used on the machine where Jenkins is located for GeneXus KBs.
- Force Rebuild: Default value for the Force Rebuild option of the pipeline executions that will be created.
- Deploy To Cloud: Default value for the Deploy To Cloud option of the pipeline executions that will be created.
- Run Tests: Default value for the Run Tests option of the pipeline executions that will be created.
Now you can create and monitor continuous integration pipelines from GeneXus and GeneXus Server.
The GXserver Credentials must be configured in the jenkins.config file located in <GXserver installation directory>\VDir\BinGenexus\Packages\ContinuousIntegration as shown in the example code (credentials parameter).
<jenkinsdefaults url="http://localhost:8081/" serverurl="http://localhost/GeneXusServer17/"
folder="GeneXusServer17" credentials="GXserverLogin" genexus="GX17" forcerebuild="false"
runtests="true" deploytocloud="true" />
Fixed in GXserver U1, refer to SAC# 48314 for more information.