The Business Component (BC) concept provides a way to use all the power of a Transaction object from other GeneXus objects.
It allows updating the database from any object, executing transactions in a 'silent' mode (without showing its forms) but taking advantage of all the benefits offered by them!
- Database update guaranteeing data integrity
- Less coding: The business logic defined in the transaction is reused (rules and formulas are triggered, etc.)
- All GeneXus objects can update the database: For example in a Web Panel the only way to update directly the database (without calling a procedure) is using the business component concept.
- Rest: A Business Component may be exposed as a Rest web service.
- SOA interface: A Business Component may be defined as a SOAP web service, allowing updates via SOAP.
- EJB: A Business Component can be defined as a Enterprise Java Bean so you can execute it in an EJB Container of any J2EE Server.
Every Transaction has a property named Business Component. Click the link to learn more about it.
Data Base update with Business Components
Another example of database update using Business Components