The GeneXus Java Generator Standard Classes and their dependencies are downloaded from the Internet. So, to install the necessary drivers the computer must be connected to the Internet at least once.
In order to use Gradle on a computer without internet access, you must follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a computer with Internet access.
- Go to Tools >CMD Environment Directory, and open the Windows command console (CMD).
- Navigate to the Web folder of a model that uses the Java Generator.
- Run the Gradle's getDeps command to download the necessary packages to a local directory (by default it will be C:\Users\<user>\.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1). In addition, the DBMS to be used must be specified. The available DBMS are as follows:
Note: If you need a DBMS that is not in the list above you must download the driver from the provider's site and copy it into the lib folder.
After downloading the packages required by the Java Generator to the local directory, the KBs can be generated and compiled even without an internet connection.
In addition, it is possible to copy the downloaded folders to an offline computer in the folder C:\Users\<user>\.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1 of the computer without an internet connection.
Notice that this operation must be done every time a GeneXus upgrade is installed, as internal dependencies are updated.
To use the Oracle or SQL Server DBMS, execute the following command:
gradlew getDeps -PJAVA_PLATFORM="both" -PSQLSERVER -PORACLE
To work with SAP HANA Database follow the steps below:
- Download and install the SAP HANA client from SAP's website.
- Download the SAP HANA JDBC driver from a Maven repository such as https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.sap.cloud.db.jdbc/ngdbc.
- Configure the JDBC connection in Genexus and add the downloaded JDBC driver to the Genexus classpath. As shown in Error in the first table creation when you use SAP HANA database
- Create a connection to the SAP HANA database using the JDBC connection information. As shown in Data Store Configuration.
Note that this must be done with an Internet connection and once you have downloaded the necessary packages for the Java generator to the local directory, the KBs can be generated and compiled even without an Internet connection.
If Gradle is not installed, copy the entire .gradle folder from C:\Users\<user>\ and paste it on the computer without an internet connection or wherever it is needed.
If there are dependency problems, build your KB on the computer with an internet connection to download the missing dependencies.
This feature is available since GeneXus 18.