The GeneXus Access Manager database structure has changed in GeneXus X Evolution 3, so that a reorganization is required for upgrading to the new version, 3.0.6.
The database reorganization is done automatically in the F5 of GeneXus, and it may also be executed using the GAM Deploy Tool, as explained below.
The following will occur when a knowledge base created with a previous version is opened with GeneXus Evolution 3:
1. When the F5 is executed, Genexus prompts the user to install the GAM Examples, distributed with GeneXus X Evolution 3.
If the dialog is closed by the user, or if all options are unchecked, the GAM examples will not be installed. The GAM API is always installed because it is needed for upgrading to the new version of the GAM libraries.
2. After importing the GAM external objects and the selected options, the following dialog is shown to the user:
This dialog warns the user that a database reorganization is needed to go on with the GAM update to version 3.0.6. If confirmed, the database will be reorganized.
The reorg is basically the following (other new tables, not listed below, are also created):
- New SesExtToken2 Varchar (1024) NLS Null
- New SesOauthTokenMaxRenew Numeric (4) Null
- New SesOauthTokenExpire Numeric (6) Null
- New SesOauthScope Varchar (1024) NLS Null
- AppCliSecret Character (120) NLS
- New AppCliAllowRemoteAuth Boolean Null
- New AppCliAllowGetUserRoles Boolean Null
- New AppCliAllowGetUserAdditionalDa Boolean Null
- New AppCliLocalLoginURL Varchar (1024) NLS
The reorganization script is called ReorganizationScript305To306.txt and is located under "<GX>\Library\GAM\Platforms\Net<DBMS>"
The GAM - Deploy Tool has the "Update GAM Schema" option, which enables the database update to its latest version.
When importing data into a 3.0.5 database that has been exported from a 3.0.6 database, the user will be warned regarding a reorganization of the database tables.
Data exported from a 3.0.6 database may not be imported into a 3.0.5 database.
Applications generated with versions prior to GeneXus Evolution 3 may use the GAM Database 3.0.6 (only when GAMRemote Authentication Type is not used). See SAC 35625.