This article is an overview of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 1 features (compared to GeneXus 15) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
- Improvements for Live Editing
- Grids inverse loading support.
- SetCurrentIndex method added to Audio external object.
- Youtube videos on a Video data type supports start-time through "t" and "start" query strings.
- Custom fonts can be added to a Smart Device application through the Theme object in the new Font node.
Now it is not necessary to incorporate them manually.
- Grid Refresh method is available on Panel and Work With for Smart Devices.
- The For Each command supports paging clauses SKIP and COUNT. For more information, please refer to SAC#40171
- Concat function is evaluated by the DBMS
- Trim and Str are evaluated by the DBMS in Informix too.
Automatic Data Population
- Events of External Objects can be triggered
- OpenAPI Import improved
- The Start Page contains new Tabs that replace the Add-in Manager: These tabs are named Marketplace and Update. The tab Marketplace is useful to browse for User Controls, Extensions, Patterns, External Objects, etc. and install them. The tab Update checks for updates of the already installed ones and allows to update them in the current installation
- Commit dialog fixes. For more information, please refer to https://www.genexus.com/developers/websac?en,,,40058;;SAC#40058
- Fixes when calculating Partial Commit object's references. For more information, please refer to SAC#40062
- Fixes when working and modifying Knowledge Base's documentation from GeneXus Server console. For more information, please refer to SAC#40128 and SAC#39939
- The activity of a Knowledge Base version (different than the Trunk version) it's now displayed correctly. For more information, please refer to SAC#40063
- New chart types: StepLine, StepArea, StepTimeline, SmoothTimeline. For more information, please refer to SAC#40095
- Auto Refresh Group property it's now available for Cards type queries. For more information, please refer to SAC#40158
- GeneXus Cloud Deployment Services: New options for connecting and disconnecting applications.
- iOS: XCode 8.x is required
Before releasing, previews were available at the Preview channel: GeneXus 15 Upgrade 1 Preview