GeneXus 16 is the next GeneXus version; Tero is its codename. It's still a Beta and ships features we are working on which, though in an experimental stage, require feedback from the battlefield.
It's worth to notice that some of these features may even be released in upcoming GeneXus 15 upgrades, depending on the maturity and quality they achieve and of course - depending on your feedback.
These features are ready to get early feedback.
#dashboard Dashboard object
A new object in GeneXus to easily create business Dashboards to provide at-a-glance views of key performance indicators (KPIs); check this example.
Deploy to the cloud server-side processes with no worry about server administration or maintenance. (e.g. Amazon Lambda
#Deployment Run in Docker Containers
Is Production Linux? Why should Prototype be different?
Files of any kind can be easily stored in the Cloud and become similar characteristics in GeneXus to the already existing Image, Audio, and Video.
New UI control for building highly flexible layouts (Omni-channel); more flexible than responsive tables.
#logexternalobject Logging for apps
An external object for writing your own log messages in different levels of importance.
#OData OData Support in GeneXus
Integration with third-party OData Services and exposing of your data model (Business Components) to others as OData Services.
Automatically build and deploy a chatbot to any of the supported Chatbot providers.
Check the new .Net Core Generator!
#GeneXusM GeneXus M
It's a lightweight, cross-platform IDE for GeneXus.
#deviceAuthentication DeviceAuthentication external object
A new External Object in GeneXus that lets users authenticate locally to their device, by using biometrics capabilities (fingerprint, face recognition, retina scans, etc.) or passcodes.
1) Agree on rules About Builds, About Beta Versions
2) Get Involved in three steps.
- Subscribe to the GeneXus Tero Beta Testing program genexus.com/tero
- Download GeneXus Tero Beta from that site
3) Share your questions, doubts, experience with other beta testers and the GeneXus Team via web through the GeneXus Beta Testers Channel or via email beta at genexus.com. Subscribe at genexus.com/tero.
1) Get the latest build from http://www.genexus.com/tero.
2) Receive announcements and follow-ups through