This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 2 features (compared to GeneXus 16 upgrade 1) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on 5th February 2019.
This upgrade includes important improvements regarding memory usage in several editors of the IDE and also in the build process.
Here a list of the most important features that are being included
- Data handling
- Isolation level property is now at Data store level
- Read Committed support for SQL Server added
- Performance improvements on Dynamic Transactions
- Mobile (Android & iOS )
- Support for Firebase Analytics
- Scan Credit cards
- Memory leaks & usage
- Do Build of Deployment Units
- Artificial Intelligence Module
- Support for Tencent and Amazon Web Services
Not as part of the upgrade, but related and worth to mention, is that the KB of the #GX28 has been published and you can explore, build, and run it with this upgrade. More information at GeneXus Meeting Open Source Project
When you open a KB with GeneXus 16 upgrade 2, do the following:
- As usual, update the Chatbot Module (Knowledge Manager - Manage Module References)
- Generate all the instances.
- Rebuild all (you will be asked to update the Chatbot generator resources).
- Delete the files: <InstanceName>Chatbot.handler.dll, for all the instances of the KB.
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.