The Current TimeZone (CTZ) is the TimeZone of the "client" running an application. This concept is valid only when TimeZone Support is enabled.
- In Web applications, the browser is the client.
- In Smart Device applications, the device is the client
- In objects exposed as Command Line, REST Service, SOAP Service, HTTP Service or Enterprise Java Bean, the computer where they are hosted (usually an application server) is the client.
- Procedures exposed as HTTP Services that are called from other objects in the same Web application, the browser is the client.
- In Objects exposed as REST Services that are called from a Smart Device application, the device is the client.
The Current TimeZone can be changed with the SetTimeZone method