This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 1 features (compared to GeneXus 16) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on 30th November 2018.
This is an important upgrade that ships new features for integration with AI and Chatbots and allows to authenticate with SAML 2.0 identity providers. It includes improvements for Web and Mobile apps generation adding more flexibility to UX design. Furthermore, it adds stability fixes to the GeneXus IDE; all these are part of more than 260 improvements and bug fixes.
- Dialog Flow's Follow up intents and Training phrases support added
- This update is required given the new authentication mechanism of IBM Cloud / Watson
- On an already connected KB, you can now bring newly created versions from the server to the client using the Team Development Versions Dialog.
- Performance improvements in 'update' operation
Now you have a new property (Include In Master Page Menu) that allows you to customize your Fiori Master Page on an easier way.
Also, there is a new Fiori Mobile List Floorplan Template: the Timeline template, that allows you to list data on a template format.
- New properties related to UI and file uploading in File upload control
- Improvements in reorganizations with SQL Server (avoiding the use of temporary tables in several cases)
- Improvements in several UX details, synchronization mechanism, user events and other for iOS and Android
- IDE: Important Memory leak and fragmentation fixes
A complete overview of compatibility issues will be available soon, meanwhile, check the details.
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.