This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 3 features (compared to GeneXus 16 upgrade 2) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on April 16th, 2019
Depending on the region for which you develop software with GeneXus, this upgrade may be a very long awaited one for you: It adds Right To Left support to GeneXus, so Getting ready for Right-to-Left Development.
Besides that, here is a list of the most relevant features and improvements
- ServicesURL can be changed in runtime
- Improvements to Maps and Image Map controls
- Dashboard object supports receiving parameters. It is recommended to update GeneXus Server to the same upgrade; check the Compatibility section.
- You can customize the confirmation of a Transaction with the CustomActions.Save() method
- "For in" is supported in smart devices user events
- Build performance improvements
- Memory consumption improvements
- RTL support added
- The GXtest components begin to check for the appropriate GXtest license when executing operations that need it. For more information, please contact your GeneXus sales agent. More information at GXtest v4 Licensing
- Framework 4.6.1 is required for applications generated by the .NET Generator
- Android apps require OS version 4.1.4 or higher. More information at Android Requirements.
Important! Make sure to configure the App Transport Security property group. SAC# 45524.
When you open a Dashboard created with the Upgrade #2 or earlier versions with the current Upgrade #3, the values configured for the following properties are converted:
However, if for some reason an instance of the Dashboard created with Upgrade #3 is opened with a priori version; the values configured in those properties will be lost. This can happen in the following scenarios:
- Changing the GeneXus version to an earlier one
- Export and Import using an earlier version.
- Commit to a GeneXus Server earlier version
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.