This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 4 features (compared to GeneXus 16 upgrade 3) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on June 20th, 2019
This upgrade ships improvements in several aspects (GeneXus language, UI controls, Artificial Intelligence, Native Mobile, Security), and is the first one that ships the Java Standard classes from Github.
The standard classes used by the generated Java applications are now open source on github: https://github.com/genexuslabs/JavaClasses!
Java standard classes moved to GitHub - Benefits and Compatibility aspects
- Several improvements regarding performance and scalability
- iOS apps are generated for Swift 5 language
- New events for offline synchronization
- Improvements to SD Maps Control Type
- iOS Requirements changed: XCode 10.2.x is required
- GXflow Maintenance Script should be executed on a daily basis
- Java: Check Java standard classes moved to GitHub - Benefits and Compatibility aspects
- If you use K2BTools, ask support at k2btools.com for a compatibility fix for Java or update to K2BTools 12 or higher
- Chatbot module refactoring implies compatibility changes
- Java: MySQL 8 driver is not distributed anymore because of errors when using prior MySQL versions. More info.
- The use of Applets is deprecated by many browsers, and this upgrade stops distributing them. As from now, they can be downloaded from alternative sites and if they are still be used, they must be signed by you or your client. More information at SAC 45590.
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V16;4;V16;3;