This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 7 features (compared to GeneXus 16 upgrade 6) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released by December 20th, 2019.
It adds flexibility for high-demanding User Experiences in Web and Mobile, flexibility to model security aspects of applications, flexibility to define complex systems, improves scalability of GXflow, among other improvements and fixes.
- Performance and scalability improvements
- Standard Inbox is now in Chinese too
- Fiori 3.0 is now the standard for the UI. A few conversion steps have been added to.
- #GX29 app has been updated on Google Play and Apple Store and supports now Dark mode. It is generated with this version and the code is open: GeneXus Meeting Open Source Project
- GXflow Engine requires the execution of a reorganization that involves data transformation and temporary tables creation in some DBMSes. More information at SAC 45472
- iOS: This upgrade requires XCode 11.2 and supports 11.3. More information at iOS Requirements
- Chatbot generator: Now the configuration file (GXCF_Chatbots.config) is only one, and includes the reference to all the instances of the KB. This file has to be taken to production. More information at SAC 46621
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V16;7;V16;6;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V16;7;V16;6;