This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 10 features (compared to GeneXus 16 upgrade 9) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on July 6th, 2020.
This upgrade improves memory usage in the IDE, improves the security of web applications, optimizes database reorganizations, and is a huge step forward in feature support of the .NET Core generator.
- Memory usage and performance improvements
- JQuery base library has been updated to 3.5.1. This improves security (solves important security issues) and may improve performance.
- .NET Core
- Notifications with OneSignal and JPush supported
- GXflow with SQL Server
- GAM with Remote Authentication
- Several reorganizations that previously used temporary tables now use ALTER TABLE
- JQuery 3.5.1 is used by built-in controls and functions. Third-party controls may require updates to this version of JQuery or special settings to keep using their version. A side effect of this security improvement is that Internet Explorer 8 is not supported anymore and the minimum supported versions of other Browsers changed too. More information at SAC 44627 and GeneXus 17 hardware and software requirements
- For chatbots using Watson provider, see SAC 47596. The responses of a flow have to be defined, first the non conditional and then the conditional responses.
In the Conversational Flows object, the variables part is added, so since now, user inputs and response parameters have to be added based on variables.
For objects of previous versions, a conversion is done when the instance is open, and all the variables are going to be defined as varchar(40). It is necessary to check the instance and see if it's needed to change the data type of some variables. See SAC 47552 for more information.
If you try to open the instance with a previous version of GeneXus after having converted, it throughs this message:
"The object you are about to open has the part 'Conversational Variables' that can't be open with this version of GeneXus, if you save this object that part content will be lost. Do you want to open it anyway?"
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V16;10;V16;9;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V16;10;V16;9;