GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade 4 adds support to iOS 7, drag & drop, improvements in maps and more power and flexibility to design outstanding smart devices applications. These and security enhancements in web are the most important features this upgrade adds.
As of Preview #2, in order to build iOS apps, XCode 5 is required
- Android specific
- Android & iOS
- SAC 27648 JAX-WS web services generation support added
- SAC 34378 Support for the NoWait clause when using PostgreSQL
- Web & Smart Devices
- IDE and Team Development Usability
- SAC 34831 - Fixes that improve security in Web and Smart Devices applications
- Authorization can be delegated to external third party classes: GAM External Authorization
- Properties of Smart Devices User Controls can be set in runtime
Built with this version in its Previews stage
Disclaimer: Tienda Inglesa app uses some external components not provided built in with GeneXus yet.
- Breaking Changes
- SAC 24422 - ClientInformation.OSVersion now returns Android Version and not SDK Version.
- SAC 34871 - Autogrow Property in iOS: Changed the behavior of the controls with the Autogrow property set in false. Controls will grow a minimum height necessary for that control to be shown correctly on the UI, even though the autogrow property is set to false.
- SAC 34665 - Fix related to Calendar.Schedule() and timezones in iOS
- GAM Rest services require the header Genexus-Agent:"SmartDevice Application". This has to be taken into account when calling them from external programs.
- Since GXflow Engine's database schema changed, workflow tables need to be deployed again. To do so in the production environment: create a business process deploy file from your Knowledge Base, install GXflow X Evolution 2 Upgrade 4 Setup for Production Environment and deploy the workflow tables using the Business Process Deployer. The Production Environment for GeneXus X Evolution 2 Upgrade 4 can be downloaded from http://www2.gxtechnical.com/portal/hgxpp001.aspx?15,8,77,O,S,0,,4342;
- The algorithm for encrypting parameters in web applicactions has changed. If you are encrypting the parameters by code you need to consider that changes have been made in the algorithm. SAC 16510.
- New warning spc0204 is introduced for security checking. SAC 34907.
- Android: Android Maps API property default value changed to Version 2. Maps (i.e. SD Maps Control and SD GeoLocation Picker Control) may stop working if not reconfigured properly according to this new Google Maps API
- iOS: KBN does a stronger consistency verification when loading the metadata.
- "Action Descriptor not found" may appear when the action in the Application Bar has no Event associated
Please check for more details in the Release Notes here