This article is an overview of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 9 features (compared to GeneXus 15 Upgrade 8) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
Upgrade 9 has been released on March 6th, 2018.
Upgrade 9 provides several important features, improvements, and fixes on different aspects, new capabilities for smart devices UX/UI design, new and improved APIs for integration with several services.
- New ChooseImages method for PhotoLibrary.
- Android 8.0 (Oreo, API 26) compatibility added. Internal improvements were done associated to this.
- iOS: Text-mode reports printing support added
- Import / Export users in GXflow's client
- CocoaPods is required for building iOS apps. Refer to iOS Requirements for more information.
- Android SDK has to be updated, check Android Requirements for more information.
- Android's Gradle Options has daemon disabled by default.
- The Android/MavenRepositories directory is no longer available. Those custom User Controls located in <Genexus_RC_U8>\Android\MavenRepositories\thirdpartiesRepository (lower upgrades) must be copied to <Genexus_U9>\Android\m2Repository. Check this document for more information about the structure of this new directory.
- Before generating Android applications with this upgrade, delete the <Knowledge Base Target Environment>/mobile/Android folder to avoid compilation issues. This is required due to some internal refactoring and update to Gradle/AGP 3.0. If not, you may get the following compilation error:
error: A problem occurred evaluating project ':GMS2_0'.
error: > Failed to apply plugin [id 'com.android.application']
error: > Minimum supported Gradle version is 4.1. Current version is 2.13. If using the gradle wrapper, try editing the distributionUrl in C:\Model\Salto\RGISMobile\GMSMobileAndroidProducao\mobile\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties to gradle-4.1-all.zip
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.