With the Fiori Pattern comes the Launchpad that provides a simple and easy way to keep your objects organized using tiles.
The Launchpad is a web panel object that calls the ListFioriPrograms procedure to load the tiles.
The data returned by the ListFioriProgram procedure for each tile is marked in the image below:
You can customize each tile by setting corresponding properties. The properties to set can be found under the corresponding pattern instance of the linked object and appear only if the property "Include in Launchpad" is set to true.
These are the parts of the tile you can change and the corresponding properties:
- The description:
It can be changed by editing the Description property on the pattern tab.
- A link to the object.
- The icon for the tile:
There is an icon by default, but you can choose which icon you want to show by editing the Launchpad Icon Unicode property and selecting one from the SAP Icon Explorer.
- The tile indicator:
The tile indicator by default shows how many records (count) are available associated with the object. You can choose if you want to use it, change its definition or not using it at all, by setting the Launchpad Indicator property offered by the pattern. If you leave it blank you mean that you don't want to show it.
- The tile information:
The tile information is useful to give an extra description for your tile. By default is empty. To update it you have to set the Launchpad Information property.
To select if you want to display an object on the Launchpad or not, you can use the Include In Launchpad property on the pattern tab.
If you want to add objects, you need to edit the ListFioriPrograms procedure. To do this you have to open the procedure and being in the source section you have to copy one of the tile's code, paste it outside of the code generated by GeneXus (to prevent it from being overwritten by GeneXus) and finally don't forget to edit the pasted code in order to call the object you want to add.
/* Generated by GeneXus Fiori Pattern [Start] - Do not change */
/* Generated by GeneXus Fiori Pattern [End] - Do not change */
&name = !"ProductSimpleWorklist"
&description = "Product "
&link = ProductSimpleWorklist.Link()
&iconUnicode = !""
&information = "Simple Worklist"
&Count = count(ProductName)
&indicator = trim(&Count.ToFormattedString())
&sessionKey = !"ProductSimpleWorklistGridState"
&orderIndex = 3
In order to create your own customized Launchpad, follow the next steps:
- Make a copy of the FioriLauncpad web panel and the ListFioriPrograms procedure, by saving and renaming them.
- Modify your customized Launchpad to make it look like you want to. To modify the tiles you want to load, there are two ways to do it:
- From the grid load event on the web panel, you can add a filter to select which tiles you want to add (?example?).
- From the customized ListFioriPrograms you can add/delete/modify tiles.
- If you want your customized Launchpad to be organized into different sections you have to make a copy of the existing grid on your web form and create a new Load event to customize the tiles to be added to this new grid (remember to rename everything on this new grid and to hide the variable's grid). Also in order to make the tiles fully functional, you need to create the click events for them (you only have to copy the click event for the original tiles and update it to use the new variables).