This article is an overview of GeneXus 17 Upgrade 9 features (compared to GeneXus 17 Upgrade 8) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
Upgrade 9 has been released on April 28th, 2022
Download GeneXus 17 Upgrade 9: https://www.genexus.com/developers/downloadcenter?data=5950
- This upgrade adds new technologies to the backend of the generated applications.
- Improves the security by adding multi-factor authentication to native mobile apps, and adds new options to analyze trends in data.
- To the whole DevOps process, it adds new tooling for front-end developers, backend developers, testing, and deployment.
Furthermore, it is an overall stability and security update, as usual.
Find out what are the most significant improvements in GeneXus 17 Upgrade 9:
The most remarkable improvement in this area is that it allows updating the technologies for sending and receiving mails. It also adds new security mechanisms for it.
This is especially important when the account to receive or send is a Google account.
For those who develop ReST APIs, it adds flexibility by allowing them to customize each service's path.
- GeneXus OAuth Module to get RefreshToken for sending and receiving emails
- SMTPSession Data Type, POP3Session Data Type
- Options to use new external libraries (Mailkit in .NET and Mimekit in Java) to send and receive emails, required for authenticating with OAuth
- New Authentication method XOAUTH2 is supported when using the new libraries
- Read more:
- APIs: New RestPath annotation to customize each service's path
This upgrade adds 2FA, OTP, and TOTP to Native mobile apps when you use GeneXus Access Manager (GAM). For web applications development, it improves reporting capabilities by adding new options to analyze trends in data.
The entire DevOps process, from design to deployment, is improved.
- Import Design
- Import APIs
Here is a list of the most important compatibility aspects you may need to take into account, depending on the features you use in your applications:
- GroupId changed from com.genexus to com.genexus.android in standard classes (FlexibleClient). New artifacts (com.genexus.android) versioning changed to 1.x for future release in Maven Central. It will start following semantic versioning conventions from now on. External libraries must be updated. More information at SAC 50943
- Refresh execution changed in main object with Slide as navigation style. More information at SAC 51066
- Docker deploy using msbuild scripts:
- The structure of the docker.prod.json file changes, so if you have a custom file (e.g.:docker.dev.json), you have to change the structure accordingly.
See Deploy to Docker MSBuild task
- If compilation fails, tests are not executed by default. More information at: SAC 50975
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details:
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V17;9;V17;8;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V17;9;V17;8;