This article is an overview of GeneXus 17 Upgrade 3 features (compared to GeneXus 17 upgrade 2) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
Upgrade 3 has been released on April 26th, 2021
First of all, this upgrade contains a Release Candidate of the Angular generator. Furthermore, also contains important improvements regarding applications' security, performance and underlying technology, among other improvements and bug fixes.
- Improvements related to SSO Rest in GAM
- Improvements related to session handling in login
- Security Scanner for Static Code Analysis (SCA) is now built-in: Security Scanner built-in tool
- SOAP Native support is now at object level
- Joins & updates in Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL: Several cases now do the join server-side
- Nocheck rule is supported in dynamic transactions
- PostgreSQL13 support added
- Apple: Required AppTrackingTransparency property added
- Android: OneSignal library updated
- Other 3rd party libraries updated
- The .NET generator, to support PostgreSQL 13, is now using by default a new driver that does not support multiple datareaders per connection. This may have some memory usage or performance implications. More information at ADO.NET drivers for PostgreSQL
- Security: To avoid session fixation in some scenarios, information stored in the web session is destroyed in some scenarios: More information at SAC 49392
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V17;3;V17;2;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V17;3;V17;2;