When you set the Control Type property = Maps for a Panel Grid, the following properties are available to configure several behaviors:
|Show My Location
||If this property is True, then the current device position will be displayed on the map.
||Indicates the type of map that will be used in the control.
- Standard: shows streets.
- Satellite: shows satellite images of the Earth.
- Hybrid: shows streets over the satellite images.
|User Can Choose Map Type
||If this property is True, then there will be a button on the screen, allowing the user to choose the map type in runtime.
||Required. Specifies which attribute or variable will be used to load the point on the map. If the Grid control is linked to an SDT, the Location Field Specifier property must be used.
|Pin Show My Location
||Specifies which Image object will be used to display the device's current position. If this property is not set, then the pin image is taken from the Pin Image property (if set) or the default pin for the platform is used.
||Specifies which Image object will be used as the pin image for all the pins appearing on the map.
If this property is not set (or the Pin Image Attribute property, see below), then the default pin image for the platform is used.
|Pin Image Attribute
||If this property is set, then the value loaded in the indicated attribute/variable will be used to display each point on the map. This is useful when different pin images must be used for the various points on the map. If the Grid control is linked to an SDT, then the Pin Image Field Specifier property must be used.
|Pin Image Class
||Theme class, used to display the pin images on the map.
||If this property is True, then the traffic information will be displayed. The traffic information is only shown when the map provider provides that information for the specific region that is shown.
||Indicates how the map will be displayed at startup
- Show all points: (Default value) the map is adjusted to display all the loaded points (and the current device location if Show My Location is set to True).
- Nearest point visible: the map is adjusted to display the current device location and shows my location and the nearest point.
- Radius: the map is adjusted to display a fixed radius, from the specified center. The radius value is specified using the Initial Zoom Radius Attribute property (see below).
- No initial zoom: no specific action is taken regarding the initial zoom. The behavior will depend on the platform and provider used.
|Initial Zoom Radius Attribute
||It should be of the numeric type. Indicates the minimum distance (in meters) that should be visible around the designated center point. The map's zoom level will be adjusted so that at least this distance will be visible in all directions. If an SDT variable is used in this property, then the Initial Zoom Radius Field Specifier property has to be set.
||Indicates the position where the map will be centered at startup.
- Default: the map center is determined by the points loaded in it.
- My Location: the map is centered on the current device location.
- Custom: a specific location is used to center the map. This location is specified in the Custom Center Attribute property (see below).
|Custom Center Attribute
||It should be of the Geography data type (or based on Geolocation domain). It indicates the point that will be used as the map center. If an SDT variable is used in this property, then the Custom Center Field Specifier property has to be set.
||Enables the possibility of navigating the map and selecting a location point using the map center in addition to executing an event. Check this document for detailed information.
||Enables the possibility of drawing the route between two points on the map. Check this document for detailed information.
||Enables the possibility of viewing the animation of a point on the map) in a Grid whose Control Type is SD Maps
||It enables the Map in Edit mode and allows drawing a specific geometry(Point, Line, or Polygon)