GENEXUS 9.0: PRACTICAL COURSE - PATTERNS
The purpose of this practical course is guiding you in the use of the Patterns tool. Please feel free to perform all the tests you want.
1. Execute GeneXus 9.0.
2. Open kb90ApplyPatterns KB.
3. We recommend copying this KB to the local disk to execute it without difficulties.
4. Create a Prototype model with .NET Web generator.
5. Use GXYiLab database accessing with gxyilab/gxyila user (the one you used in BluskyCharters KB)
6. We also recommend using a virtual directory other than the one indicated in the BluskyCharters KB. For this, you must change the Virtual Directory value in the Execution Options (by default the value is "services").
7. If you wish, before using the Patterns tool, you may compile and use the Developer Menu to enter data in the following transactions: Country, Customer, Invoice and Product.
8. Follow the steps described in the course to generate the WorkWith pattern instances. We recommend verifying the following in Workspace Configuration:
- a. Thay the Pattern was selected: Work With
- b. That the option was indicated: Impact, Specify, Compile, Run
- c. That you indicated in Run Command: the model virtual directory (see point 6)
9. Execute it and navigate through the objects adding data in every transaction.
10. Then, you will be able to use the Pattern again to modify the instances. Some suggestions follow:
- a. Only some attributes and not all of them should appear in the WW grid.
- b. Change the filters of some of the searches.
- c. Change the search orders.
- d. Modify the attributes visualized in the View (E.g.: in the Invoice view, remove the Last Line attribute).
11. Apply the pattern and execute watching the changes.
12. Do transaction forms keep the site general framework? (Do they have the Header and Footer appearing in all the other pages?) Why not? Generate the Pattern again so that you allow changing not only rules an events in transactions, but also the form (associating the site master page to it).
The settings to be applied to every instance file (everything appearing as <default> in the files, literals, page sizes, etc.), are specified in a file called WorkWith.config.
This file is located in the directory where the Patterns tool is installed, under the currently used Pattern directory. In case of the WorkWith patterns, it will be under: PatternsWorkWith.
Note: If you want to have a settings file for each KB, you must copy this file to the Templates directory created when using the Patterns tool on a KB, under the KB directory, so that the tool uses the WorkWith.config located there.
The following menu option is provided to edit this settings file: Tools/Change Pattern Configuration.