This log shows the most important fixes or features that are being added to the GeneXus Beta Channel.
You can download the latest night-build (only) from http://www.genexus.com/betatesters
Bear in mind that beta builds need to pass fewer tests than the ones of the GeneXus Preview Channel, so backup your GeneXus Installation and KBs before adopting a night build.
This log is being updated on a weekly basis
May 15th, 2019 (build 133253)
- Grids know to save its state! Filters and orders are maintained automatically in session when Save State property is set to True
- Fixes to PWA in .NET
May 2nd, 2019 (build 132955)
- Xcode 10.2 and CocoaPods 1.6.1 is supported and required.
- Package Module with database access for Solutions extensibility scenarios
- In the process of moving standard classes' development to Github (https://github.com/genexuslabs), we already have moved and published the Java classes. This facilitates contributions, extensibility, and customization too. (We have moved Android classes too, but not published them yet.)
- To export a module via MSBuild, now a new parameter is supported: IncludeChildren
<Export Objects="Module:GeneXusSecurity" File="c:\GeneXusSecurity.xml" IncludeChildren="true"/>
- New provider for GeneXus AI Module: Alibaba
April 1st (and it's not a fool)
- Parallel Pattern Instances generation.(build >= 132273)
- Create a parallel.flag in the GeneXus Installation directory
- Tools->Options->Build->Concurrent Generation must be true
- Tools->Options->Build->Concurrent Specification Instances > 1
- If you use WWPlus from 'Dvelop Software', add the GeneXus installation directory to the PATH environment variable, or ask for a newer version of WWPlus.
- GeneXus M
- New editors for responsive sizes, theme rules, colors
- iOS: Relative Date Time Control
- 'For in' command support added
- Improvements for RTL / Arabic
- Note: It contains all features and fixes included in the just-released GeneXus 16 upgrade 2
December 21st, 2018
From v16u1 to December 16th, 2018
- Web performance: In transactions, browser - server roundtrips have been grouped in order to reduce roundtrips. This increases the performance (reduces latency issues) of transactions when the user changes the focus from the first field to the last one, for example.
- Redis distributed cache is supported in Java
- Amazon and Tencent are supported as providers for GeneXus AI
- Already too on v16u2 / Preview Channel
- Support for Firebase Analytics
- Scan Credit cards in Smart Devices
- Do Build of Deployment Units
- More at GeneXus 16 upgrade 2