The table below describes the main changes made to GXtest for GeneXus 18 upgrades. All changes that are in stable and preview channels are included in the beta version too.
Date: By night-build.
Release: GeneXus 18 - Beta Channel
- Procedures mock for unit testing: Objects Mock
- Added a property that enables displaying unit tests in KB Explorer as children of the objects they call to
- Added new HTML report template in Japanese
- IsControlEnabled command now considers GeneXus control-enabled property
Date: By night-build.
Release: GeneXus 18 - Preview Channel
- Improved tests' deployment for Java. Check: Deploying Tests
- The first difference in assertions is shown in the JUnit report for texts longer than 20 characters
Date: November 3rd.
Release: GeneXus 18 upgrade 6
- Web UI Tests not running for Chrome versions greater than 115.
Date: August 29th.
Release: GeneXus 18 Upgrade 5
- Set As Expected button available in the Assertion comparison tab
- Improved HTML Report
- Improved SDT and SDT collections initialization when using the Create Unit Test option
- Enabled filtering by the result of the tests in the Tests Results window
- No license is required to use DB Mocking
- Running unit tests only starts the Kestrel server
- Screenshots and HTML can be seen properly in the HTML report
Date: July 4th, 2023.
Release: GeneXus 18 Upgrade 4
- Now webdrivers are not delivered by GXtest. Instead, a built-in drivers manager is used.
- Improvements in the CompareImage command. Added a new parameter to set color similarity tolerance.
- Set modules and folders as generated, to prevent conflicts when committing/updating objects from GXserver
- Error finishing web UI test execution in Java
Date: April 26th, 2023.
Release: GeneXus 18 Upgrade 3
- Test objects can be included in Deployment Units. Check: Deploying Tests
- Tests can be run in parallel via MSBuild. Check: Running MSbuild using GXtest Target
- Added option Run All Unit Tests in the Test menu with shortcut Ctrl + Shift + U
- Added a Select All / Unselect All checkbox in the Tests Explorer window. The Run button was moved to the top.
- Test Suite's set up and tear down objects throwing errors in runtime when inside modules
- Java interpreter options for environment are used when running tests now too
- SendKeys command not working for combined keys in net
Date: February 17th, 2023.
Release: GeneXus 18 Upgrade 2
- Running with Java version in a custom path
- Tab name for screenshots was not adjusted for long command names
Date: December 21st, 2022.
Release: GeneXus 18 Upgrade 1
- Added support for strong-named assemblies in .Net Framework
- Added a combo box and property to choose the type of build performed when running test in GeneXus IDE (Don't Build, Build With These Only, Build, Rebuild)
- The assertion message is shown in the Comparer window
- Execution results are stored in TestResults folder for each environment and can be opened from Tests Results window
- Stack trace, exception types, and inner exceptions are logged for .Net environments when a test execution throws an error
- The browser's log is now shown when a Web UI Test command fails
- Added property to enable/disable the use of mock data at environment level: Use Mock Data property
- Calling the RunTests MSBuild task without parameters was running nothing, now it runs all tests.
Date: November 10th, 2022.
Release: GeneXus 18
- Updated Test objects' icons
- Added support for shadow DOMs through >>> selector
- Added boolean Build parameter to RunTests MSBuild task, allowing to choose whether building tests or not before executing them
- GXtest output is focused when creating a new KB
- Execution of more than ~1000 tests wrongly reporting build failed
- Create Rest Test for objects without parameters does not call via HTTP
- Create Rest Test generates test source commented when parameters are attributes of some specific types
- Start Kestrel server when running web UI Tests in .Net environments