This article is an overview of GeneXus 17 Upgrade 1 features (compared to GeneXus 17) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on December 18th, 2020.
This upgrade improves overall Developer experience and adds power in a lot of details related to UX & multi experience. It also improves the backend, improving API Object's capabilities, BPM, Java, and .NET.
- Improvements to Continuous Integration dialogs
- Several Stability improvements
- File Upload control improved
- User Control Objects
- DynamicCall External Object Allows setting the call options to a dynamically called object.
- New Video Control
- XCode 12.3 support added
- New properties to set minimum iOS, iWatch, tvOS version supported in an app (some features of the app may require higher versions than the absolute minimum)
- Allow third party extension libraries to extend application model from metadata
- SSL Pinning Pin Set property added
- UI Test results improved
- Images have now the potential of Advanced Image
- Imagemap and Grid have now support for Long tab (SAC 48329)
- Standard variable &RestCode in API Object can be set to return custom HTTP codes
- New ADO.NET Provider supported: MySQL Connector. It is easier to use and has better support for Unicode. More information: ADO.NET drivers for MySQL
- Performance improvements in environments with high concurrency
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V17;1;V17;0;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V17;1;V17;0;