This article is an overview of GeneXus 17 Upgrade 10 features (compared to GeneXus 17 Upgrade 9) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
Upgrade 10 is expected to be released by the end of June
With this upgrade, we are happy to announce that designers who love Figma can provide their Figma designs and this be integrated into GeneXus Knowledge bases and so get stunningly-fast real prototypes built by GeneXus. So, the DesignOps process is faster and better now. Furthermore, multi-experience development has been improved, since the enhanced support for Design Systems in Angular and architectural improvements to iOS apps.
To showcase the full power of importing designs, generate native iOS and Android apps, and Web & Web Mobile Angular apps, we delivered a new sample knowledge base that you can generate with this upgrade.
This upgrade also improves DevOps, as it makes prototyping APIs easier than ever, includes new testing capabilities, and allows the deployment of secured backends to AWS serverless environments, among others.
- DesignOps - Figma Integration
- Support for defaults in design system tokens
- eg.: tokens Unanimo (color-scheme:[light]|dark)
- Improved Design System Object support:
- Vertical alignment default changed from Top to Middle for compatibility with Native Mobile
- Support for all CSS native properties added
- Improved support for multiple CSS classes on the same UI control
- Color transitions and consistency improved in UI controls
- Styling support improved for Button, Chronometer, Group, Image and Rating controls
- Improved CSS generation: Less code is written, and code is similar to code written by hand
- Generated projects use XCFrameworks. Apple defines XCFrameworks as a distributable binary package created by Xcode that contains variants of a framework or library so that it can be used on multiple platforms (iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS), including Simulator builds.
- Modules are generated as XCFrameworks
- Main objects have a new property: Required Xcode version, which defines the minimum XCode version to be required when compiling Apps and modules.
- GAM is supported in applications deployed to AWS Serverless environments
- Improvements in 'only package' option
- Database mocking improved
- Apple Generator: Those who create UI controls / Extension Libraries should start using XCFramewors too (the previous mechanism is now deprecated and will be discontinued in some months)
- Java: The default JDBC driver for SQL Server is now the latest mssql-jdbc
- Android: JDK 11 is required
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues, and details:
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V17;10;V17;9;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V17;10;V17;9;
Please send any issue that does not happen in previous versions to gxpreview at genexus.com so that we can fix it before releasing the upcoming upgrade.
If you want improvements to features, please join the Beta Testers Channel at http://www.genexus.com/betatesters.