Designers can send designs made in Figma format to developers. Then, developers can import these designs using the Design Import option in the IDE.
When a designer sends a design, it should include a Figma URL and provide an Access Token in case the developer does not have an account in Figma or cannot access the Figma project.
The Figma URL must have the following format:
- Log in into your Figma account
- Go to the Home page
- Click on your user icon on the right side of the app bar and go to "Settings" options
- Scroll down to the "Personal access tokens" section
- Input a token description (e.g. 'gx-project') and hit the enter key on your keyboard
- Copy the token you received, you will not be able to see it again. Either way, you can always delete the token (by using the "Revoke access" option) and generate a new one.
It is highly recommended to save a snapshot of the Figma file before sharing the Figma URL, which includes the version-id parameter.
The snapshot can be saved by going to File > Save to Version History in Figma, and Figma will ask you for a revision title and revision description as follows.
Finally, you can get the snapshot URL by going to File > Show Version History, selecting your snapshot, and clicking on the Copy Link option.
If you are using Figma fonts, GeneXus will try to get them from Google Fonts but this process might not work in every case. In case the developer had experienced issues with the font files while importing the design file into GeneXus or if you are using custom fonts (not provided by Figma), you have to deliver the font files to the developer and the developer must install them on the development machine (in Windows, installation have to be done by right-clicking and selecting "Install for all users" option).
Guide for designers