This article is an overview of GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 8 features (compared to Upgrade 7) and what needs to be taken into account in order to adopt it.
GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 8 ships improvements and bug fixes.
The following is a list of the most important improvements.
- JDK 1.7 is the minimum required to compile applications. See Android Requirements for more information.
- New automatic update property to improve build times when using Patterns
- Optimizations when Saving large transactions may impact also in performance for smaller ones.
- Navigation Order (when not specified) is determined by Where command in some cases, improving navigation performance.
- The encryption parameters behavior, when dynamic calls are used, has changed. Now the parameters are never encrypted if Expand dynamic calls=NO, and you can keep the previous behavior using the config.gx file. See Parameter encryption on Dynamic calls for more information.
Please refer to the following lists for more details:
Compatibility Notes for X Evolution 3 Upgrade 6 or prior Users
Please refer to GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 7 or http://www.genexus.com/releasenotes?,,,0;4;XEV3;0;8;C;
Please refer to http://www.genexus.com/releasenotes?,,,0;4;XEV3;7;8;;
Before releasing, previews were available in the Preview Channel: GeneXus X Evolution 3 Upgrade 8 Preview.