This log shows the most important fixes or features that are being added to the GeneXus Beta Channel.
You can download the latest night build (only) from http://www.genexus.com/betatesters
March 7th, build 169943
- Support for RTL in Unanimo, and improvements in the generators related to RTL support
- Now in Unanimo and Web Panels, you don't need to use SetTheme() + SetLanguage(); just with SetLanguage() it is enough because Unanimo (and every Design System with Base CSS = none) automatically chooses the minimum bootstrap CSS that is required for RTL or LTR. The web generators generate the HTML dir attribute to indicate rtl or ltr
- Deploy sources feature in .NET available for targets 'local' and 'Microsoft Azure serverless (backend services)' through new property Packate Type with values Binaries, Sources.
- IDE: Design System Class Properties and their values can now easily be set via property editor. You can filter properties in order to set just the ones that are allowed by a specific UI control.
- Native mobile
- Screen brightness can be set via Interop.Screenbrightness property
- Android 13: Language selection improvements when using Runtime Translation
- iOS: Performance improvements in grids
- Query Objects: Integrated security level can be set at the object level
- Support for CosmosDB in .NET Generator completed.
January 24th, build 168708
January 19th, build 168634
- New properties Java Artifact Id and Java Artifact Version in External object to enable references to artifacts on maven, resolved by Gradle. The format is the one supported by Gradle, eg com.genexus:gxwebsocket
January 13th, build 168490
- Native Mobile
- Apple: XCode 14 required
- New API to ask for a review: StoreInterop.AskForReview()
January 7th, Build 168361
- Cloud Native & Backend
- First bits of support for Cosmos DB for NET.
- Improvements to deployment in Java, jars related to cloud services & maven
- First bits for enhanced Observability
- New Observability Service at environment level with properties to set Provider and Application Name
- Requires ObservabilitySupport.flag in GeneXus installation directory
- Providers: OpenTelemetry SDK, AWS XRAY
- Instrumented components: AspNetCore, HttpClient, Exceptions, SQLServer, MySQL
- Providers: OpenTelemetry SDK, LightStep, AWS XRAY
- Instrumented components: All
- Log settings with environment variables in .NET (as in Java)
- First bits of support for tabular grids
- Possibility to execute genexus.exe without administration permissions
- For this, you can edit genexus.exe.manifest and change the level of the requestedExecutionLevel. More Information...
- MSBuild task for exporting only the structure of transactions
- Design System edition: Go to the definition of a class with F12
- The implementation of Google Ad Manager has been updated
- Added option to choose the type of build performed before running tests (if any)
- All test execution results are stored in a dedicated folder and accesible from Tests Results window
- More at Changelog GXtest
- Remove method in FTPs and sFTP
Older log at GeneXus Beta Updates Log (Archive - until 10th November 2022)