This article is an overview of GeneXus 15 Upgrade 2 features (compared to GeneXus 15 Upgrade 1) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
Upgrade 2 has been released on December 22nd, 2016.
This upgrade contains security improvements in offline smart devices applications, UX improvements for Web and SD apps development, fixes in reorganizations and much more.
- Important security improvements in Offline applications
- InsertOrUpdate, GetByKey and RemoveByKey methods for Business Components are available on iOS.
- Runtime external object has been added to GeneXus Core Modules in order to determine where is executed some action (on server o client side).
- A new GeneXus Server 15 Setup is available. This new implementation allows updating any GeneXus Server 15 instance previously installed (not only the default one). For more information, please refer to SAC#40526.
- QueryViewer's Use Cache property is deprecated.
- Android Application Signing default certificate changed. If your company already has a product in production, read the article's compatibility section.
- iOS Requirements changes: XCode 8.1 (includes Swift 3.0.1) and iOS SDK 10.1.
- It is highly recommended delete '/mobile/iOS' directory from the generated project and Rebuild-All.
For more information, refer to SAC#40224
Before releasing, previews were available at the Preview channel: GeneXus 15 Upgrade 2 Preview