The minimum and recommended specifications for GeneXus for SAP Systems are listed below. While minimum specifications will allow you to run GeneXus for SAP Systems, recommended specifications will ensure the best experience.
The user running GeneXus will need administrator rights as GeneXus requires administrator privileges to function properly.
* Processor: minimum of 1 GHz (multi-core recommended)
* Memory: minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
* Hard disk: minimum of 1.2 GB of disk space for the installation. You will need additional space or a shared disk unit to create the knowledge bases and to generate the code.
* Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher.
* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher (Express, Standard or any other Edition)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer. Minimum version: 6.0 SP1 (11 or higher recommended)
(1) - Apache Tomcat is the only servlets server supported for prototyping locally.
(1) - The SAP HANA JDBC Driver (ngdbc.jar) is not distributed with GeneXus. It must be copied to web/drivers directory from SAP Cloud Platform SDK installation directory (e.g c:\Hana\repository\.archive\lib). For more information, check this video on GeneXus Training site
Web applications generated using GeneXus run seamlessly on the browsers mentioned below. The table below also mentions the minimum supported versions of the browsers.
||Minimum version: 8.0
||10.0 or higher(1)
||Minimum version: 3.0
||10 or higher(1)
||Minimum version: 6.0
||17 or higher(1)
||Minimum version: 5.0
||6.0 or higher(1)
1 - If Server.Socket external object and Responsive Web Design (RWD) features are used, these are Minimum supported Versions.
In all cases, the latest available browser version is recommended, primarily because of improvements related to performance and security.