Effortless deploy a GeneXus SD App or Web Service API to Production.
- No worry about infrastructure at all.
- No need to manage, configure or install any web server.
- No need to rent or buy any server.
- 24/7/365 up time for (almost) free. (You pay only if the App is used. )
- AWS Lambda is used in order to Deploy Code that will be run in the Cloud.
- AWS API Gateway for Deploying REST Services.
- Swagger definition for describing the API generated for our Application.
- For deploying SmartDevices Apps or REST WebServices. (Web Interface not supported)
- Java only
- Amazon Web Services only
- Requires AWS Account and AWS API Key
- Max number of 300 services can be deployed.
- If using Image, Audio, Video data types => Storage Provider property must be used. This is because all App multimedia must be served from an external URL, such as Amazon S3.
- Not supported
- SD offline Apps
- File/read write access as Blob data type, Excel, PDF Reports.
- Web Interface Applications
- Build your JAVA Application (SD APP or WebServices REST)
- From GeneXus Menu Bar, Go to Build => Deploy Appliaction. Then Add the Main Objects to Deploy.
- From the Target Dropdown, select: "AWS Serverless Deploy"
- Fill AWS Access Key Id, AWS Secret Access Key and AWS Default Region. ***Important: AWS Access Key requires aws:policy/AdministratorAccess
- Fill Application Name and Stage Name (ex: v1, v2, v3)
- Click "Deploy"
At the final step, GeneXus will print out the final URL.
You can use it the in the Smart Devices Generator, Services URL property.
Lightweight and low-traffic application
- 10,000 hits/day
- 200 ms of execution time per hit at 256MB
- --> 432,000 requests per month and 2160 GB-sec of compute per month
- --> about $0.31/mo
Periodic Scheduled Job
- A scheduled job that runs every hour with 1GB RAM for 2 minutes
- --> 86,400 GB-sec of compute per month and 720 requests per month
- --> $1.44/mo
(*) Taken from AWS as of June 2017.
As of August 2017, this feature is in an experimental phase in GeneXus 16 (Tero).