This article is an overview of GeneXus 16 Upgrade 8 features (compared to GeneXus 16 upgrade 7) and what needs to be taken into account to adopt it.
It has been released on February 21st, 2020.
This upgrade includes code generation for .NET Core 3.1, build performance improvements and important security updates for generated applications, among a set of features and updates in IDE, Web and Mobile generators.
- The data model of a KB can be exported: Now you can choose to export only the structure of Transactions (and not distribute its rules, events, forms, patterns, and other parts)
- .NET Core 3.1, the latest LTS version of .NET Core provided by Microsoft, is now supported (and required). Read the news!
- This is an important technology update. Starting April 2020 this upgrade is required to submit new applications or application updates to the App Store. More information at iOS Requirements.
- Procedures and Data Providers (without database access) can be generated to run locally on the device for Online mobile applications
- A new GeneXus Security API has been added. It is a collection of specific modules that implements cryptographic functions, digital signature standards, input types controls and integrity checks, and more.
- Several external modules and references of the generated programs have been updated for security reasons
- Deploy of .NET Core 3.1 and Java web applications to Microsoft Azure
- SAP Leonardo AI Provider is deprecated in the GeneXus AI module, given the decision of SAP to discontinue the corresponding services in 2020.
- .NET Core 3.1 is required for generating with the .NET Core generator
Please check these links for further features, compatibility aspects, issues and details of the already mentioned.
GeneXus Server: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;6;V16;8;V16;7;
GeneXus for SAP: https://www.genexus.com/developers/rn?data=0;8;V16;8;V16;7;